Small Business Administration Hosts Webinar for Small Business Leaders on Economic Recovery
Earlier this month, as part of the “Vaccine Month of Action,” The White House, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and Public Private Strategies Institute hosted a regional briefing for small business leaders on COVID-19 recovery as part of the “Getting Back on Track: Help is Here” webinar series.
Over 2,000 participants joined the live briefing featuring former Congressman Cedric Richmond, Senior Advisor and Assistant to the President and Director of the White House Office for Public Engagement, to hear about the importance of vaccinations and more.
“The first step of getting back on track is to get you and your employees vaccinated,” said Congressman Richmond as he reaffirmed his support for small business owners.
“We have been so thrilled to partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration,” said Rhett Buttle, Public Private Strategies Institute President. “We know what a challenging time it’s been over the last year and a half as we closed down our economy due to the public health crisis. But we’re starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, vaccines are getting into arms, our main streets are reopening, we’ve seen the economic aid help businesses survive, and now we want to make sure small businesses have all the tools they need to hire workers back, grow our economy back, and build back better.”
Participants benefited from an in-depth question and answer session with Region 6 SBA Acting Administrator Herb Austin, and Alejandro Contrerasof the SBA Office of Disaster Assistance. Both speakers provided detailed updates on available COVID-19 economic aid programs, such as the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL), Targeted EIDL Advance, and Supplemental Targeted Advance.
SBA recommends applicants, interested parties, and qualified entities check these additional resources for economic aid and vaccinations:
- SBA Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center: 1-800-659-2955. Operation Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday; 1-800-877-8339 for the deaf and hard of hearing, or DisasterCustomerService@sba.gov
- Local Resources Partners: https://www.sba.gov/local-assistance or www.sba.gov/asistencia
- Website: www.sba.gov/eidl and www.sba.gov/targetedadvance
- Low-income mapping tool: https://sbaeidl.policymap.com/
- Subscribe to the SBA’s e-newsletter: www.sba.gov/updates
- Follow the SBA on Twitter: @SBAgov
- Visit vaccines.gov to learn more.