10 Inspiring Quotes from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a man who changed the world. From Selma to Stockholm to Washington, he was a leader who affected social change through his message of non-violence and passionate pleas for equality. Herbert Kaufman once said that, “The habit of persistence is the habit of victory,” and not many world leaders have ever personified this better than Dr. King.
Awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964, he continued to work to promote an America where everyone was equal until his assassination on April 4th, 1968. But, like all great leaders, his progress could not be quelled by death.
Today, on Martin Luther King Day, we remember him with 10 of his most inspirational quotes.
10. “The time is always right to do what is right.”
9. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?”
8. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
7. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.”
6. “If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream.”
Need a little more inspiration? Read: 25 Inspirational Quotes to Motivate You in 2015
5. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
4. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
3. “The quality, not the longevity, of one’s life is what is important.”
2. “Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.”
1. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
What are some of your favorite quotes from Dr. King? Share them with us in the comments section of this post. Happy Martin Luther King Day!
[latest_posts header=”More on Leadership” limit=”” category=”16″]